A LIFE WORTHY OF EMULATION

Sister Deborah, the new sister coordinator appointed to my branch, walked toe and said, "I knew you before now, but don't know me".
I marvelled. Maybe she had seen me somewhere before. What if she had seen me in a compromising situation? That would mean exposure and I can't bear the disgrace and shame that will come with it. Or maybe she had seen me at the headquarters. All these conversation was going on in my head. But wait! She seems to be smiling. That means its something good then.
" So sister, where was that", I asked to mask my fear and feigning surprise.
"Its a day I would never forget", she said. This caught my attention and got me interested in hearing what she had to say.
" On a fateful day like this, I hadn't become a Chosen then. I was walking towards Oyekola shopping complex and look at you, coming directly in front of me. I felt ashamed".
That got me thinking real hard. What day was she talking of and what had she seen that caused the feeling of shame in her? What was I doing? I was so uneasy and couldn't hear what she had to say.
"You were all covered up from head to toe and without make-up, yet looked so beautiful. Saying you were the most beautiful person around won't be an understatement", she continued. My palpitating heart stop its erratic behavior at once. I felt a sense of pride and accomplishment just standing there. It also made me feel a tingy pang of guilt.

"I looked at myself, wearing a skimpy blouse that revealed my cleavages, trouser that showed my waist, attached hair and a made up face I now realise made me look more ugly than beautiful". The guilt was increasing as sister talked on.
" What came to my mind", she said, "was this. If you look so beautiful and angelic dressed without showing your body, what then have I been trying to achieve all these while? Beauty, yet making myself ugly in the process. Exposing some body parts only got me unsolicited audience. Seeing you that day gave me a food for thought. I have been seeing people dress well, I will confess, but yours had an edge to it. People say if you dress to the teeth, you will look like an " ngbeke"- village girl. But I put it to you that you didn't look that part, not even now. You radiated the Glory of God and God used you to minister to me on that fateful day even though we had no conversation. My sister had been inviting me to this church bit I refused but after that encounter, I didn't waste any more time. Look at me now, all changed, a Chosen as well as a sister coordinator. I  happy to see you again and share my testimony. God bless you", she ended.
The encounter with sister Deborah left me speechless and reflect back on my life. Have I been faithful at all times? What if some other person had seen me at my worst and refused to follow God? It made me repent at once and ask for direction.
People are watching you at every given time of the day every where you go. One day, you will encounter someone who had seen you before. Will it be when you were at tour good or bad behavior? Some of us live a pretentious life. Inpublic(day time), we dress godly, go to church and even preach while at night, we are seen at clubs, beer parlor, sleeping around, robbing, etc forgetting that there is an all knowing and seeing God as well as somebody somewhere seeing you. Why live a double live when you cannot afford it? Hypocrisy is very expensive. Yes! Quite expensive than a flat in Banana Island.
How are you living your life I ask again? The way you live can make someone repent or go deeper in their sins. Which do you prefer.
Think about it!
No wonder a popular proverbs says, " he who lives in a glass house does not throw stone." As well as, "if you go to the market, don't throw stones for it might hit your mother".
Let's live a life people can look at and wish to know what you know, to change because of you. A life Jesus lived. A life the apostles of old lived that made that to be called "CHRISTIANS" in Antioch.
What does your life say about you or God?

WAYS TO HELP US TO LIVE A WORTHY LIFE
Know this: it doesn't happen over night. Living a Christ worthy life takes practice, determination, self control, the fruit of the spirit, to mention a few. You do not start running the first day you are born, or do you?
The following will help in living a worthy life:
1. We must understand our calling: what is your purpose on earth? Do you follow the crowd or follow God?
2. We must be willing to suffer for Christ: no pain no gain, right? If you want to get it right, you have to do it right.
3. You must practice Godly character: humility, gentleness/meekness, patience, love. What character trait do you struggle with? Examine yourself and seek guidance.
4. Change your thinking: do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Don't think like the world does.
5. Strive to spend time in prayer. It may not be easy at first, but Holiness is achievable and The Lord has promises to help those who diligently and continually seek Him. Watch out for the article, "the power of the secret place".
6. Live your life conscious of Christ and sin will have no place in your life.
God will help us in Jesus name. Amen!

Comments

Archive

Contact form

Send